Updated: Dec 15, 2020
This is something I've been wanting to do for years. Leave it to being stuck at home, between projects, and in the middle of a pandemic, to get to work. As an entrepenuer, small businesses have a special place in my heart. Prior to freelance life, I worked for an agency that administered small business financing to many of the same locally owned shops and businesses that I love today. It wouldn't feel right to create a gift guide that didn't showcase at least some of the amazing products and services the Tri-Cities has to offer.
While public health restrictions contine to keep many of us at home, it was important to me to focus this guide on locally owned businesses who need our support the most. Each item in the Shop the Tri Gift Guide(s) was thoughtly selected with the people I love in mind. In fact, the whole family (well 3 out of 4 of us) got in on the fun and hand picked a few of the gift ideas. One of us, I won't mention any names, even treated themself to a few early birthday gifts! #sagittariusseason
1. Seagrass Baskets | Real Deals Richland | The perfect gift for the girl who already has all the things but needs a place to store them. Available in 13" and 17".
2. Philocaly Lingerie Gift Certificate | Philocaly Lingerie Boutique | Gifts that celebrate the unique beauty of every woman. Carrying a wide range of sizes. Visit website for more gift ideas including Date Night Box.
3. 14k Gold Choker | Twist Clothing Co./Walla Walla Clothing Co. | Simple yet stunning 14k gold-dipped brass, adjustable length choker. Can be worn alone or layered.
4. Pink Pearl Boutique Gift Card | Pink Pearl Boutique, located at the Parkway in Richland, offers a wide variety of unique and one-of-a-kind pieces in-store and online.
5. Bordeaux Brim Hat | Concept Apparel | Founded by two local bff's, Concept Apparel strives to bring on-trend and affordable clothing, jewelry, accessories, shoes and cosmetics into one shopping experience for women, men, and girls.
6. Chai Latte | The Local | Deemed the "best chai in town," The Local's Black Scottie Chai is perfect anytime of the day. Enjoy over ice or hot with a side of their gluten free cinnamon rolls.
7. Best Mom Ever Baseball Cap | Polliwogs Children's Boutique| Remind Mom how awesome she is with the perfect hat to hide day-three-dirty-hair. Shop a variety of children, women, and men's gifts online and in-store (Richland, Uptown.)
8. Feminista Crewneck Sweater | Latinaperoamerican | Local Life Coach, mental health advocate, and social activist Vanessa Guzman of Latinaperoamerican is on a mission to undo what no longer serves us. Designed for comfort and to make a statement, these fleece-lined, unisex crewnecks make the perfect gift for the everyday activist in your life.
9. 3-month Dessert Subscription Box | Frost Me Sweet | Who wouldn't love a 3-month dessert subscription box from local bistro and bakery, Frost Me Sweet. See website for dessert options. Gluten Free/Vegan choices available opon request.
There you have it, 9 thoughfully curated (by the Cassidy's) gift suggestions from local businesses and shops for the little babes in your life. Be sure to check out the other guides, for him, for the little babes, and for the the big kids. Feel free to share, tag, like, follow the brands listed above, etc. Supporting local through engagement is always free!
P.S. Ladies, subtly drop the PDF clickable version of this guide in your husband's inbox and accidently bcc your mom, sister, auntie, brother, cousin, boss, coworkers, friends, and neighbor.