Updated: Dec 15, 2020
This is something I've been wanting to do for years. Leave it to being stuck at home, between projects, and in the middle of a pandemic, to get to work. As an entrepenuer, small businesses have a special place in my heart. Prior to freelance life, I worked for an agency that administered small business financing to many of the same locally owned shops and businesses that I love today. It wouldn't feel right to create a gift guide that didn't showcase at least some of the amazing products and services the Tri-Cities has to offer.
While public health restrictions contine to keep many of us at home, it was important to me to focus this guide on locally owned businesses who need our support the most. Each item in the Shop the Tri Gift Guide(s) was thoughtly selected with the people I love in mind. In fact, the whole family (well 3 out of 4 of us) got in on the fun and hand picked a few of the gift ideas. One of us, I won't mention any names, even treated themself to a few early birthday gifts! #sagittariusseason
1. Donation to The Children's Reading Foundation of the Mid-Columbia | The Children's Reading Foundation of the Mid-Columbia offers various programs to ensure every child learns to read early and well so that they can reach his or her full potential in school and in life.
2. Sloth Warmies | Swanky Babies | Give the gift of cute and comforting. Sloth Warmies are ideal for all ages, fully microwavable/freezable, scented with real lavendar, and perfectly weighted to provide hours of soothing heat and comfort.
3. Zipease Romper | Zipease Rompers | Local mom Taeler Horak saw a need in the market for stress-free diaper changing, so she came up with a one of a kind design to save parents and caretakers countless hours of diaper changing. Shop the website for fan favorite patterns and products for mom too.
4. Vanilla Cream Lace Top Knee Highs | Sassafras Boutique | These vintage inspired knee high socks are perfect for all of her girlhood adventures. Available in baby, toddler, and child size. Shop Sassafras Boutique in-store or online for unique baby and children's gifts.
5. 1-2-3 Do the Dinosaur by Michelle Robinson | Usborne Books and More | Dino lovers will enjoy this fun read-alound board book. See website for a wide-range of children's books for all ages or contact local consultant Jennifer Baker for more information.
6. Gift Certificate | Music Together Tri- Cities | Give the gift of music! Infants, toddlers, and preschoolers will love the virtual and in-person music classes offered by local Center Director, Jana Hair (we had a blast at our trial class last summer!)
7. MaisyDaisy Clips | Pipsqueaks Boutique | The sweetest little buttercup clips for the sweet little buttercup in your life. Available in headband style. Shop Pipsqueaks Boutique in-store and online for unique baby, toddler, and children's gifts.
8. Gift Card | New 2 U Kids | Offering a wide-range of gently loved and new children's and maternity items, New 2 U Kids has one-of-a-kind affordable gift options for every little one on your list!
9. Blair Bonnet | Polliwogs Children's Boutique | Available in infant to child size 8, this adorable Blair Bonnet makes the perfect gift to keep little ears warm. Shop Polliwogs in-store and online for baby and children's gifts you won't find at big box name stores.
There you have it, 9 thoughfully curated (by the Cassidy's) gift suggestions from local businesses and shops for the little babes in your life. Be sure to check out the other guides for her, for him, and for the the big kids. Feel free to share, tag, like, follow the brands listed above, etc. Supporting local through engagement is always free!
P.S. Parents can print off a copy of the Shop the Tri: For the Little Babes guide and circle their picks for grandparents (and Santa) below!